Instructors are responsible for assisting with daily classroom activities, working collaboratively with classroom colleagues, and implementing student skill acquisition and behavior reduction programs across all students within the classroom.
- Collecting, summarizing, and evaluating data on student programs, including written reports and visual graphic displays of student data;
- Conducting preference assessments for students in an ongoing manner along with using and managing motivational systems;
- Assisting in development, implementation, and review of skill acquisition and behavior reduction program for all assigned students;
- Participating in student clinic meetings;
- Composing progress reports;
- Using a variety of behavior analytic teaching methods (e.g., incidental teaching, discrete-trial instruction, prompt and prompt fading methodology)
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in the fields of education, psychology, or social work);
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with students;
- Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with classroom staff, administrators, and parents;
- Demonstrates the ability to use relevant technologies.
NYC Autism Charter Schools offer a comprehensive benefits package as well as opportunities for ongoing professional development, including supervision toward certification in behavior analysis and tuition assistance for graduate and post-graduate work.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected]